How does the food you eat affect your skin?
Eating a balanced and healthy diet is essential for maintaining healthy skin. Eating foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids helps keep your skin supple and glowing. Foods that contain antioxidants, like fruits and vegetables, can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
According to this article from GoodRX, foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, can help reduce inflammation that can lead to acne and other skin conditions. According to Healthline, a diet low in processed and sugary foods can also help keep your skin happy. To keep your skin looking its best, focus on eating a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains.
Top 5 best foods to eat to promote healthier skin
- Salmon: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon helps reduce inflammation and improves the skin's natural moisture barrier.
- Avocado: Avocados are packed with healthy fats and antioxidants, which help protect the skin from environmental damage.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta carotene, which helps to protect the skin and promote a healthy glow.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are a great source of essential fatty acids that help keep skin hydrated and nourished.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants, which help to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
Brittany Doohan, GoodRX. https://www.goodrx.com/well-being/diet-nutrition/eat-salmon-for-younger-skin
Taylor Jones, RD, Healthline. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/12-foods-for-healthy-skin